- Putting forward an offer: Once you have found a property that you would like to let you will need to let us know in order that we can advise the landlord of the property. We will also need to let the Landlord know what you do for a living, how many people will be living at the property, whether you have any pets or are smokers and will confirm this with you at the point of offer.
- Reserving the property: If your offer is accepted you will need to reserve the property by paying one weeks rent as a holding fee and this sum will form part of your first month’s rent. Please note that the holding fee is non-refundable should you decide not to proceed with the tenancy and the money will be forwarded to the landlord to cover inconvenience of rent and loss of marketing. However, should the landlord decide not to proceed your holding fee will be returned to you.
- References: In line with the new lettings regulations you are no longer required to pay for references, however, references will be carried out on the landlords behalf. All prospective tenants looking to occupy the property will be independently assessed by our credit referencing agency. An application form is completed and processed confidentially with the result usually back within 48/72 hours. The agency will look into your employment, current and previous addresses (if applicable), take a character reference and look into your credit history. Please note that if you have been issued with a county court judgment/s or have had any other adverse credit history within the last 3 years please let us know prior to referencing as this will automatically fail you. Once your references have come back we will notify you.
- Guarantors: Should any prospective tenants fail the referencing process and subject to the landlords approval we may be able to offer you the opportunity to provide a guarantor.
- Inventory: A professional inventory will be organised prior to you taking up occupation at the property at a cost to your Landlord. You will receive a copy of the inventory which will form part of the check in process. You will have the opportunity to read, approve and sign to say that you are in agreement with the contents of the inventory. At the end of the tenancy an inventory clerk will visit the property with a copy of the inventory and will create a check out report. The checkout report will be sent to you and your landlord for consideration prior to the release of your deposit. Please note that an inventory is a vital document which protects your deposit.
- Rent: Your first month’s rent will be payable prior to your agreed move in date. It will be collected five days prior to you moving in. After the initial months’ rent is paid to us, you are required to set up a standing order, which we must see proof of prior to you moving in.
- Deposit: We will request a deposit from you which will be no more than 5 weeks rent.
- Ending your tenancy: You will be required to give one month’s written notice on the rental due date to terminate your tenancy. Once we have received this notice we will need to start re-marketing the property on the Landlord’s behalf. At this point the agent reserves the right to erect a To Let board and to carry out viewings giving you 24 hours’ notice. Please note that we will not enter the property without your prior authority.
Summary of Charges
Advanced Rent (One month’s rent).
Security Deposit (Up to 5 weeks rent).
If your landlord has an inventory you will be required to pay for a check-out at the property which is usually under £100, this charge depends on the size of the property you let and will be clarified to you by Selbon Property Management nearer the time. It is imperative that you leave the property in the same condition as you found it upon checking out. Therefore, you may need to consider a professional clean of the property including carpets and Oven.
Please note that this document is solely to be used as a guide only – charges can and may vary for each property and are subject to change. For more specific information relating to your charges please liaise with Selbon Property Management.